Coaching for Success – the benefits of Coaching:
The suggestion that coaching is a valuable means of Organisational Development is now widely accepted in all areas of business development. This includes Executive, Business, Organizational, Strategic, Performance and Life Coaching across industry sectors.
Developing the individuals within an organization / team through coaching also acts as a very effective change agent within organizations and raises the operational and performance benchmarks considerably. Effective coaching acts as a driver (and gatekeeper) for personal and organizational values which in turn allows the Vision and Mission of the organization (and therefore also the individual’s reason for belonging to your organization) to become a reality.
- Considering coaching for you and / or your organisation is central because coaching is about:
- Increasing productivity output
- Acknowledging staff experience
- Enabling them to learn as they go
- Enabling you to learn as you go
- Engaging a sense of responsibility
- Succession Planning
- Leadership Development
- Talent Management
The biggest driver for change (i.e. increased Productivity, increased bottom line results, meeting deadlines, etc.) is changing the behaviours in your organisation in a conscious way. Coaching gives you an effective framework through which this can happen in action and which can be tracked and measured. Coaching can support the development of Leadership capacity in all employees. Leadership is not just about a chosen few, the successful businesses and organisations understand that everyone needs to develop their particular leadership capacities.
Here are some of the key benefits of Coaching for organisations:
- supports strategic objectives
- contributes to increased team effectiveness
- improves relationships
- improved confidence and communication skills enables managers to lead by example
- challenges perceptions & practices to enable cultural change
- enables people to learn through doing
- provides a structured process
- is based on continuous, measurable improvement
- improves communication skills
- means expertise is often transferred in the coaching process
- promotes a 'learning organisation'
- creates high employee engagement, retention and productivity
- improves quality, customer service and shareholder value
- Individuals within the organisation also benefit because they:
- know where they stand
- know what is expected of them
- know they are valued and recognised
- know they are supported
- know where they are going
- are given objective feedback on their progress
HOW LONG DO PEOPLE WORK WITH A COACH?
It all depends on where you are, where you want to go, and how quickly you want to get there. I've worked with clients who were able to achieve goals in as little as one to three months. Most stay with a coach anywhere from six to eighteen months or longer. Some continue indefinitely.
After clients reach their first goals, they often identify other areas they want to work on. The coaching relationship continues as long as there is benefit to the client.
HOW DOES COACHING WORK?
Coaching is a process. It can and does evolve differently over time with each person. But there is a basic structure:
- It can either be a regular face-to-face meeting at a scheduled time (well in advance)
- Most coaches work primarily over the telephone / skype for convenience and economy.
- Appointments are made and you call me at a pre-scheduled time.
- Prior to each session you'll prepare your feedback on recent activities and achievements based on previous coaching interactions. You will also fill out an agenda to identify challenges, opportunities, and the focus for that session. I will also challenge you on specifics depending on your goals and personal SWOT analysis
- I generally schedule two to four formal sessions per month with my clients. The duration may vary depending on the critical deliverables you may have.
- Above and beyond our formal sessions, clients are welcome to call or email me at any other time.
HOW DO I COACH?
- I listen.
- I ask powerful questions.
- I encourage.
- I challenge.
- I help you to remove your obstacles.
- I help you to model success.
- I am objective and will give you different options to think about.
- I collaborate with you.
- I help you strategize.
- I support you.
- I assist you to make the right decision / choice for you based on your needs.
- I bring a lot of patience and compassion
- I'm nonjudgmental.
- I am honest in my feedback.
Don’t delay - contact me today and book you time!! Change your life and take charge of your future!!